Oakley calls their Fives Squared sunglasses the kind of sunglasses you need if you aren’t a fan of conventional sunglasses and you want something that fits you just right and looks good too. In this review we’ll have a look at these sunglasses in more detail and help you decide whether you these are the sunglasses are the right ones for you.
Design & Specs
Oakley has taken a great deal of care in designing the Fives Squared and it shows. The features of these unique sunglasses include:
- Stress-resistant, lightweight and durable O Matter frames
- Three-Point Fit, which holds the lenses in precise optical alignment
- Condensed Cranial Geometry, which makes it a comfortable fit on small to medium faces
- The protection of Plutonite®, which filters out UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400 nm
- Maximum clarity at all angles of vision with patented XYZ Optics®
I’m a big fan of the tapered design and the smooth finish that Oakley has given these sunglasses and it feels snug and comfortable on my face. As someone with a narrow face, I usually don’t have a wide choice of sunglasses to choose from and an even harder time finding a pair that looks good. The Fives Squared solves that problem for me so that I have a pair of sunglasses that can be my go-to pair for everyday wear.
It is available in three colors for frames: Polished Black/Grey, Grey Smoke, Root Beer/Dark Bronze, Matte White Tiger, Brown Smoke and Polished White.
Oakley has a sleek and stylish pair of sunglasses that is also comfortable all day long with the Fives Squared. If you buy yourself a pair you may be asking yourself why Oakley says that this pair of sunglasses is their ‘unconventional’ pair of sunglasses; I would like to hope that all conventional sunglasses should all aim to be stylish and comfortable like the Fives Squared.
The Verdict | Oakley Fives Squared Review